ML4Microbiome Working Groups Meeting
23-24 May 2022, Mondial Hotel, Tirana (AL)
An ML4Microbiome Working Groups Meeting will be held in Tirana (AL) from 23-24 May 2022, kindly hosted by Prof. Eglandina Kalluci and Xhilda Merkaj.
The two-day meeting will start with a joint all-WG meeting followed by parallel WG meetings for internal discussion to organise activity plans and milestones for the upcoming months. A joint debriefs, and discussion will take place on the last day. The Programme details are reported below. We will try to arrange a hybrid meeting for those who cannot travel.
On May 24th, a workshop organised by Dr Eliana Ibrahimi entitled “Advances in the analysis of human microbiome and transcriptomics data” will be held at the University of Tirana.
Working Groups Meeting Programme
|Monday 23rd May||Presentation Title||Speakers|
|9.00-9.30||Chair welcome||Marcus Claesson, Action’s Chair|
|9.30-9.50||Seminar 1: Identification of essential genes associated with obesity using complex networks analysis||Eglantina Kalluci & Xhilda Merkaj, University of Tirana, Albania|
|9.50-10.10||Seminar 2: AI models to predict Microbiome related drug resistance||Osman Uğur Sezerman, Acibadem Mehme Ali Aydinlar University, Turkey|
|10.10-10.30||WG1 progress update||Jaak Truu, WG1 Leader|
|10.30-10.50||WG2 progress update||Leo Lathi, WG2 Leader|
|11.30-11.50||WG3 progress update||Magali Berland, WG3 Leader|
|11.50-12.10||WG4 progress update||Domenica D’Elia, WG4 Leader & Aldert Zomer, WG4 Vice Leader|
|12.10-12.30||STSM progress update||Tatjana Loncar-Turukalo, Grant Awarding Coordinator|
|13.45-17.00||Separate WGs’ meeting|
|Tuesday 24th May||Presentation Title||Speakers|
|9.00-12.00||Separate WG meetings|
|13.30-13.50||WG1 reporting & future plans||Jaak Truu, WG1 Leader|
|13.50-14.10||WG2 reporting & future plans||Leo Lahti, WG2 Leader|
|14.10-14.30||WG3 reporting & future plans||Magali Berland, WG3 Leader|
|14.30-14.50||WG4 reporting & future plans||Domenica D’Elia, WG4 Leader|
|14.50-15.10||Closing remarks by Chair|
|15.30- 18.00||ML4Microbiome Workshop “Advances in the analysis of human microbiome and transcriptomics data“
Faculty of Natural Sciences, University of Tirana, Albania
Venue & Social Events
- The WGs meeting and the Social dinner will be at the Mondial Hotel, Rr.Muhamet Gjollesha Nd.90, Tirana 1023. The social dinner will take place at 20:00 on the 23rd of May.
- A guided walk tour through the city, organised by the municipality of Tirana will be on the 23rd of May from 18:00-19:30. A city guide of Tirana, information on how to get to Tirana, and a list of suitable hotels are in this city guide.
- The Workshop “Advances in the analysis of human microbiome and transcriptomics data” will be held at the Faculty of Natural Sciences of the University of Tirana, Bulevardi Zogu I, Building B, Room 103. The location on Google Maps is available on the workshop website here.
Transport from Tirana Airport to Tirana Center
LU-NA shpk offers a shuttle service from TIA to Tirana and vice versa. The bus is
stationed behind the National Theatre of Opera and Ballet. The rate for a single fare is
300 Albanian Lek.
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +355 69 57 27 261 / +355 69 29 82 128
Tiranë – TIA: every one hour starting from 07:00 until 23:00
TIA – Tiranë: every one hour starting from 08:00 until 24:00
2. TIA Taxi
The fastest way to get to TIA is by taxi, accessible in all cities and urban areas.
The journey from Tirana International Airport to Tirana’s centre takes 20–25 minutes,
depending on traffic, and costs about 2500 Leke (20 EUR) one way.
The Tirana Airport taxi service is provided by Auto Holiday Albania (AHA). AHA
specialises in transfers between Tirana Airport and all Albanian cities for both
individuals and groups. The service offered is professional and courteous at affordable
prices, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To reserve taxis in advance online, please
use the website www.tiataxi.al and fill out the form by clicking on the link below to
book your transfer now.
We recommend that passengers use only licensed taxis, which are yellow with
the Auto Holiday Albania logo and the airport logo on both sides of the vehicle. At the
airport, these taxis park in front of the terminal and at the terminal’s pick-up area.
- COST Reimbursement Rules have changed as from 1st November 2021 (!)
- The expenses related to your participation in this event will be reimbursed in line with the COST Rules of Reimbursement available here: https://www.cost.eu/travel_reimbursement_rules/ .
- You will be able to submit your reimbursement claim only after the event. In addition, you shall estimate your reimbursement via the invitation link provided above.
- During the event, please sign the Attendance List.
- The deadline to submit your reimbursement claim online is 15 days after the event via your invitation link.
- Please ensure that you register in e-COST the same e-mail address as in your invitation and that your bank details are up to date.
- Following national and/or institutional regulations, you may be requested to provide original supporting documents.